Upgrading issue...

Yaa... Actually i know ....i am also kind of worried about it... I use v ray not v ray rt or mental ray so gpu is not an issue here i know... All i need is viewport performance ... The current model i m working with has 80 mill. Polys.... Though, I m impressed with my 750ti's performance but it is taking a lots of time... So even if this 980ti give me a 30% performance increase, i m happy with it... I just need a bit of improvement...

And there is another reason... I have got a deal.... A used 980ti with almost 1year warrenty remains and a price tag of 350$...

Now tell me do u have a better suggestion?

Yaa... Actually i know ....i am also kind of worried about it... I use v ray not v ray rt or mental ray so gpu is not an issue here i know... All i need is viewport performance ... The current model i m working with has 80 mill. Polys.... Though, I m impressed with my 750ti's performance but it is taking a lots of time... So even if this 980ti give me a 30% performance increase, i m happy with it... I just need a bit of improvement...

And there is another reason... I have got a deal.... A used 980ti with almost 1year warrenty remains and a price tag of 350$...

Now tell me do u have a better suggestion?

GTX 1070 here in the US have been selling around the $390 mark lately...

I have no idea how the market is where you are at. I would negotiate for a cheaper price on the 980Ti, or make a move on a used or new 1070. But, that's me.

Here 1070 is round 550$.

I also want to go with latest architecture. But money is a issue here. I can afford a 1070 (i have to do some adjustment and need a bit more time) but this 980ti offer is better in this case....isnt it??

And yes there are some used 1070 offers but the price is above 500$.

Edited by niloyarifin

I would call them equal. In RL there is no tangible difference for viewport in this level of GTX cards, at least for 3DS & the rest D3D programs...cards cannot be 100% utilized by the graphic engine and/or a single thread of CPU anyways. Its the nature of the programs, not the hardware that lacks.

On the 10xx benefit is the fact that it pulls 100W less @ full tilt, although I doubt - again - that you will ever see anywhere near 100% utilization for 3DS viewport on either card.

Those 100Ws are really important if you plan on cramming many of them for GPGPU rendering/compute.

I agree that $200 more for a 1070 is not a wise investment over a 980Ti for your application.