IPv6 Backburner Problems

So I'm asking my learned friends......I'm having issues with backburner. After installing a new router into my system, backburner has started flagging up a communication error which I think I have tracked down to an IPv6 issue.

It seems that when I switch IPv6 off in the registry of my servers 0x000000FF or 0xFFFFFFFF (I've tried both) and restart the computer, backburner seems to be happy to talk to the manager again, however the strange bit is, when the computer has restarted the IPv6 setting in the registry has set itself back to 0x00000000.

A further restart stops the communication with the manager again, until I reset the IPv6 back to an FF value, and restart so on. I just can't figure this out.

Any ideas why, the registry keeps switching the IPv6 value back to 0x00000000. Could there be something else which is interfering. I've switched auto updates off now as I wondered whether that might have been a culprit in resetting the network settings, but it's still doing this after the auto update has been switched off.

PS I can't just switch out the router, that's another long (and boring) story.