Printer suggestion for CG renders.

Hello.

We are an architectural firm with 25 architects doing a lot of CG renders. We own a Xerox Phaser A3 laser printer and are very unhappy with the prints. It is good for plans and schemes but very bad for renders and photos.

Can anyone suggest a good A3 (tabloid) inkjet printer? Ideally it would produce excellent photo prints while being able to satisfy office workload and speeds.

Some say Canon Pixma PRO series are the best, but I'm affraid they are too slow and the cartridges get empty too quickly (we are not prone of 3rd party ink supply systems).

On contrary Epson's Eco Tank printers seem like a good deal, but the print quality is just average.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

How about this one: Canon imagePROGRAF Pro-2000

You can get 700ml cartridges.

This is a good resource

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/photography-articles-and-reviews/printing-paper-reviews-articles/

Thanks for the reply. The pro-2000 is practically a plotter, you can even get the 44" wide version, but this is not what I'm after. We already own a HP plotter for large prints.

I'm looking for A3 printer able to do high volume prints (bigger paper trays, big ink tanks) in a let's say "photo studio" quality.

I use the Epson Stylus Photo 1500 at work for glossy prints. I'm very happy with it. I used the 1400 previous to that for about five years until it stopped working.

It can print an A3 at very good quality on glossy paper in about two minutes. That may not be fast enough for you though. I rarely have to do much high volume printing.

You can get a good quality/speed/ink balance if you play around with settings.

I haven't tried any others so I can't compare it but overall I think it's a good printer.

Rico