Vray passes stuck in the middle leaving one or two buckets behind

hussyshah

Hi guys I have a very urgent work to do and I don't know why I am having this problem. Please see the image. You can see the buckets on the frame buffer, it stuck somewhere in the middle and it is taking forever to proceed for rendering. I hid the vray proxies and lights but still its not working. Please help. I double checked almost every setting, may be I am forgetting something but it is driving me crazy so need some help.

error.jpg

It is hard to tell without know much about your scene and render settings.

Most of the time when VRay get stuck like this is because it is running out of RAM, missing a texture, or too large texture swapping.

Also displacement with Light cache can produce those sticky buckets.

Sometimes blurry reflections or light behind many transparencies. network issues, many thing could create this really.

I believe you are using interpolation in one or some of your materials?? you should disable that, the latest versions of VRay are pretty robust for you to need to use those old tricks.

I would reset everything to default, render setting wise, then debug by material or objects.

As Francisco said it could be multiple errors. Having said that I just had this same problem in a scene and managed to resolve it. The problem in my case was materials. One of the modellers had put some old Evermotion Vray models in the scene and they had a weird old Blend material which is no longer used. Vray simply couldn't calculate this old Blend material and would hang. It would hang buckets on the object but also on the floor where the object was reflecting and the window. So I had weird buckets in weird places because of the reflection of this vintage material type.

It might not be this problem at all, but definitely worth checking your materials and making sure they make sense.

Just work though each part of the image logically until you find what's causing the problem

For example, check materials by using a standard vray material in the override slot, and see if materials are the problem.

Turn off the lights, is that the problem? Again with GI. The hide layers / groups and see if it's geometry. An hour of testing and you should at least know where the issue lies.