Why is Light Cache More saturated than Irradiance Map?

steevenberube

Hi guys,

been having issue with this for a long time. Why is the light cache more saturated than the final image ? I use Vray Light sphere. I hate this because I have to wait until the light cache is finish to get a good idea of my image and if I dont, i got the lighting all wrong.

See images here:

https://ibb.co/bKc7Y5

https://ibb.co/kn6O6Q

here are my settings:

Reinard

Gamma: 2,2

Multiplier 1,0

Burn 0,5

clamp, sub-p and affect B. all checked

GI ON

Irradiance Map Multi. 1,0

Light cache Multi. 1,0

Sat 1,0

Contrast 1,0

Contrast base 0,5

Ext. light comes from Vray sun with Default vray sky in the environment slot

Anything else you need?

Thx

Because that's the way it's supposed to work.

Light cache is calculating the light along a certain path and it gives a good idea of the final lighting, but it's only the secondary engine.

The primary engine you're using is Irradiance map, and that calculates the lighting very differently. Your final lighting will be a combination of the two.

If you think of lighting being a mix of the hard light coming from the main light sources (which would have the colour of the incandescent bulbs, or whichever type of light you put in) and all of the other bounces of light through the room, which would obviously take on some of the colour of the items the light is boucing off and normally has more white in it.

So you wont get the final light details from light cache, you have to have both primary and secondary engine information to see what the final lighting will look like.