Student Housing

Brian Cassil

Great rendering, not much to say,...just one thing though. the window in the end wall (brick wall) on the main roof looks like it goes up past the ridge of the roof. I understand that the roof is supposed to be nested within those end walls, but wouldn't thing the window would sit up that high, past the roof structure.

Your absolutely right about the window (actually its a roof vent with louvers instead of glass). In fact I noticed this and mentioned it to the designers but they couldn't decide how to resolve it since they like how it relates to the striping on that wall as it is now. It will be decided shortly and corrected in the revision.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Chad - I see the tiling now too. I'll work on that.

IC and Bhanu - I think semi-transperant glass would look nice too, but since these are mostly bedroom spaces (and this happens to be one of the most conservative universities in america) privacy glass is a must. However that doesn't neccessarily apply to the community building (shorter rounder building). I'll check and see if more transperant glass is appropriate there.

Wow Brian

That looks so nice.

I think you did a good job in placing your reflection/environment map. For the windows reflect such a nice blue color.

I just wonder however if some little planting strip with little bushes will be placed between the lawn and the patio? In my eye, that crisp horizontal like line divided the image into an upper and lower half. I don't know if at this stage the landscape architect has had any input yet. So I will leave it at that.

I really like the detail though.

Chris J.

Whatsup Chris? Thanks for the comments. Actually the landscape design is complete and it is just as you see it. The grass area in forground is surrounded by student buildings on all sides, so I believe the intent is to invite students to relax on the lawn area for picnics and such and thats why there isn't any extra shrubs to break up the walks and the lawn. Personally, I think there should be some at least but that's not up to me to decide.