Solar Garden

1529412194.jpg

Studio/Institution: werkvoll
Genre: Landscaping
Software: Modo Vray
Description:

Hello people,

I made a rendering for a customer. I want to share my work and qould be happy for some feedback and tips to make it more realistic. :).

Edited by philipklich

• 11 months later...

The solar units look good but the composition cuts them on the right. Extend the image to the right and if you can, move the foreground roses towards the camera so that they are not as prominent in the shot. The roses are too repetitive, thinning them out will help and also to reduce the pink in the scene which is distracting. A personal preference would be to have the grass shorter so that it's more conducive to a marketing image - also I would brighten it a bit. The stone wall material noticeably tiles and runs off the horizontal, I also think it's too grey/concrete in tone. I would remove/replace the girl mainly because she doesn't have anything to do with the main subject of the image which is the solar panels. There's a mismatch between the foreground and the background photo but I think if you make a few of the changes above it will work better.

I hope this helps.

• 4 years later...

I absolutely love this, and rather think you're a genius and I'll explain why. This rendering may be the beginning of incorporating solar panels into garden artwork. Rather than just bare solar panels landscaping companies could design pergolas that are covered in solar panels for instance, or a Roman statue completely made from solar panels to stand like a sculpture in the garden and provide power. I'd love to see this idea evolve, and might pass it along to solar panel installers I know near me. I for one would certainly would love to have this in my garden, and the rendering looks great, would never guess it was a rendering unless you said so.