Updating Vray

seantoomey

Hi all.

We're still using Vray 3.4.

I've wanted to update for ages but we're always working with Vray or rendering with it.

How traumatic is the update process? Is it a simple update?

We have a dongle and use the licence server. Is it a headache to update that too?

-----------

While I'm here...... We also have Corona. It's being used more and more and the office are thinking of replacing Vray for Corona.

I've been trying to point out that we're using a very out of date version..... even the version we have can do things that Corona can but we've never bothered to use them.

What are people's thoughts? Is it ignorance that Vray should be replaced by Corona or is it annoying me for no reason?

Don't get me wrong.... Corona is great. I think we get better interior images with it than Vray.... However, it seems insane to me that we'd suddenly switch without finding all the possibilities Vray can bring.

Ta

Edited by seantoomey

We just upgraded from 3.6 to 4 (next). The process was very simple; though rather than "upgrading" our existing licences we just bought new (online) ones and the old ones will simply stay on the dongles for ever now. The online licencing system is pretty easy.

As for corona vs vray, that's a personal choice. They already have interoperability with eachother on their internal builds, so perhaps just go with whichever you feel more comfortable with on a daily basis; there's no point in lamenting over features you don't use.

• 1 month later...