AEC Smart Walls and VIZ 4

bully712

I know there are descrepancies between ADT and Viz 4, so I have a question on how I can get around a problem between the two, before I get the upgrade to VIZ 2005. We have a model of a parking garage that was built with AEC smart walls, and slabs. There are additions that need to be made to the garage, and I would like to do it in VIZ. I've tried saving the file as an autocad 2000 file, but the AEC's do not transfer over. Is there anything I can do in ADT that will let me import AEC's into VIZ 4? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I know there are descrepancies between ADT and Viz 4, so I have a question on how I can get around a problem between the two, before I get the upgrade to VIZ 2005. We have a model of a parking garage that was built with AEC smart walls, and slabs. There are additions that need to be made to the garage, and I would like to do it in VIZ. I've tried saving the file as an autocad 2000 file, but the AEC's do not transfer over. Is there anything I can do in ADT that will let me import AEC's into VIZ 4? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Which version of ADT you are using to do this job. ADT 3.3 files can be coolly come into Viz 4 using file link manager. We do the same and my 80 % of modeling happens with ADT.

If all else fails... ( not entirely sure whats not working with your problem)

Explode the AEC objects to blocks, may work or further to regions. They basically equal polygons in Viz and will import from cad. You need to watch layers and import options from adt into viz-or you might end up with a couple thousand named polygons/regions in Viz, no joy! Save an un-exploded copy of the adt file:) .

Good luck

WDA