REQ: Saving animation render elements in multiple formats at once

yp

Hi guys,

any idea if it is possible to save render elements multiple in various formats? I'll be rendering an animation tomorrow and am not 100% sure, maybe I will get myself a copy of ArionFX for AE for HDR processing and therefor would save diffuse and some other channels like reflection in EXR file format, color IDs for later RGB masking could remain 8 bits.

But I'd like to be on the save side, timewise and even filesize..

I'd like to save the whole out animation frames in two versions, one the low dynamic range PNG /JPG (save and small size) and the other in 32 bit EXR.

Even if its only the beauty pass, that would work I guess.

Any idea how this can be done (if at all)?

Maybe I'm missing a point, is there something like a VRIMG batch process so I could extract filetypes later?

Thanks in advance, good night from Berlin

Niko

If you are not using the VRay frame buffer you could do that, save manually all passes on different formats, if you choose to save separate images for each pass on VRay framebuffer you can choose a single format or choose to save as VRayraw image, and choose between VRay raw or EXR, this will put all the passes in to a single file.

Now, either way, saving separate EXR or a single EXR I believe is more efficient than saving some EXR some PNG and so on.

EXR is a very good format that gives you a good balance of compression and size so I don't see why I would want to save to combine with other formats.

Ach *$!#, shoot.

The whole reply gone after sending..

To sum it up, yes, you're totally right, thanks for that insight! :)

Didnt know about the VFB not being able to save out multichannel EXR before, just always wondered why it didnt ;)

Good to know the "workaround" saving VRIMG as EXR coming out multichanneled.

Actually had some troubles in the past with EXR but I guess this time it should be fine.

Normally I use EXR for all stills anyways.

LDR done, sticking with EXR now.

Thanks and best

Niko