Footprints from the windshield wipers on the car window

damienaleksandr

If you are using 3DS Max 2017 or earlier, there is Ky_Trails from here:

http://lastjedioutpost.ru/?l=en&p=ky_trail

Thank you! I have a 3ds max of 2016. I made water jets using the Particles of the program itself (they are visible on the video attached to the topic). Tell me please, does the link to my video open? I'm interested in the track from the windshield wiper on the glass, behind it will appear a transparent area of glass and cloudy where the cleaner does not grab a piece of glass? Unfortunately, I did not find any examples and an answer to this question on the plug-in's website.

You don't want the wipe effect, you are just looking for a surface imperfection map. You just need to uvw the windshield and set up the glass material to use the imperfection map for it.

Many tools and methods to accomplish this, but the easiest would probably be to just use a planar uvw from the front of the windshield and set up the glass material with the imperfection map in the material slot. You could get the data you need to create the map by rendering a view aligned with the windshield and render 3 of the animation frames of the wipers at each extent and then the center. Start with an appropriate grunge/imperfection map and knock out the "clean" area that the wipers run through.

The images below kinda show the idea:

Wiper Path 3.jpg

Wiper Path.jpg

Wiper Path 2.jpg

You don't want the wipe effect, you are just looking for a surface imperfection map. You just need to uvw the windshield and set up the glass material to use the imperfection map for it.

Many thanks for your idea, you are the first who responded to my question! (I asked it on many sites, for 4 years) Now I need to understand the path you proposed - here for me 2 difficult moments - the first is to make a good translation of your text from the English language and the second to delve into the knowledge of the material of the glass and the map to it , but I'm afraid that I can not cope with the second item. Probably it's easier to do it in Photoshop or Cinema 4, although I'd like to do it in 3d max.