Quality of visualization

damienaleksandr

Very much I ask to give the detailed estimation of quality of visualization of a scene with my models. The idea, the composition is not necessary to assess, only the technical level - lighting, materials, modeling. Do not be afraid to offend. The insipid of the work was in the format of png and translated into jpg in Photoshop.

A i D .jpg

I want to know the general opinion about this my work - very poor visualization or acceptable, suppose, if we evaluate on a 5-point scale, then 1,2,3 or 5? In general, the assessment is very complicated, especially subjective opinion - how many people, so many opinions and often completely opposite. Therefore, I simplify the task and simply ask for your general impression. That there would be no doubt that my work, I can attach a grid.

I don't know man, maybe in another forum that has a more 'Abstract artistic crew' this may get better criticism, but here... I don't know

to my Eyes, this looks like a quick collage to represent a concept of something that needs to be work on.

If you spend such long time modeling that building with all the details, the photoshop work in the top of it is just killing it. The lighting doesn't match, the composition is strange, there is strange information coming from this image that leaves to much to interpretation as Scott mentioned, why the rays are shooting to each of the characters in the crotch...

Maybe I am having a bad day or something, but this is more in the real or Pre-Viz than finished work.

These are my two cents.

Thanks to all who participated in this topic! But no one gave an assessment on a 5-point scale from 1 to 5. Online translator often gives an incomprehensible translation of the text (even my text in English has a directly opposite meaning). That's why I asked to be evaluated in numbers.

Francisco

Penaloza - I wanted to know the general, first impression. Thomas Denis,

************************if I understand the translation correctly, it gives a very bad one, 1.

Scott

Schroeder - I realized that you are working on the rays emanating from

************************sculptures. Your video is very short, 0.16 seconds. You can

************************Do you show the sculpture and the continuation of the video? Thank you.

Francisco

Penaloza - I realized that you do not like the work, the bad light in

************************photoshop. Thank you.

Eliot B - Thank you, your score 1.

Georg

Sandoval - Thank you, I'll look at your work. Mine do not have

************************commercial character, do for myself, show my friends and

************************on 3d sites.

Thomas

Denney - The model of the cathedral is completely mine, highly detailed.

************************From 1000 on to Gothic Kitbash 3d only one detailed, but not

************************so. Over it I have been working for many years, I clarify. On this

************************Stage 3 sculptures from the Internet, but gradually I change them

************************on their own. Thank you, your rating is 1.

• 3 weeks later...
Whatever you guys are having, I'll have a large one.

Translate and understand your reply using online translator does not work (as well as feedback from other participants). I even asked Native Americans to help with the translation of the texts, but they also can not understand what is written about my rendering quality in my topic (I still have more ... I do not). Apparently those who have written some of their own, understandable only to the chosen 3d artists the meaning. But thanks for the links to your videos, they have a lot of interesting!

• 3 weeks later...

Lighting, Materials, and Modeling? Asked on an Arch-Viz forum? Ok.

Lighting is highly stylized in that it appears inconsistent and unrealistic. For example, there is lots of green at the edges of the gold statues, but there is no green light anywhere in the image. I give your lighting a 1 (where 5 is best).

Materials are basic, but I can't really judge them because of the stylized lighting. Some of the bump mapping on the cathedral walls/arches looks way too aggressive. In this limited capacity, I give your materials a 2

Cathedral model detail is impressive. Figure modeling is not easy, so they look pretty good even tho there isn't a lot of finer detail in them. Flags are not difficult, but only the one on the right looks good here. Again, not a lot of info to go on, so I give your modeling a 3.5

It's not really the kind of thing that people do here, so there you have it.

Thank you for participating in the topic! This work was done for myself as one of the test renders of my model of the cathedral, on which I have been working for many years and is not expected to be completed. A small part of the samples can be seen in my portfolio. Apparently the duration of the work will be equal to the period of the history of the construction of the cathedral itself, but only with the difference that the cathedral built and continues to build several generations, and the history of my model will end with me. I do the model differently, as it is customary to do them, because it’s not for sale and therefore I don’t care about the number of polygons and the weight of the model - almost every element of the cathedral is modeled, I don’t drag a texture map onto one simplified unified model. But I am glad that the computer copes with a huge number of polygons and allows you to make a film (animation) in Mental Ray. Angel and Demon appeared for the film. Now I am mastering the render of the Corona and maybe I will try the cathedral in this render. Thank you again for participating in this topic and I wish you creative success!