Feedback Please

seanellis1

I think you're in the wrong sub forum here but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm!

Feedback on the image:

Firstly, good start, lots to like so you aren't a million miles away.

The texture on the chairs (the wood), seems too flat and unreflective- I'm also not a fan of the tone of the wood against the dark richer tone of the tables.

Be careful with your positioning of tableware (there is a glass half in the image in line with the candle holder, I'd remove it and bring your candle holder a little closer so its centered on the table).

Background seems unfinished, really needed a beautiful back plate image of the sea to emphasise the view- black horizon makes it look forgotten.

I dont like the blurring of the image at the edges, its distracting. If you are trying to achieve depth of field then use better methods (either in the renderer itself or in post using a depth pass.

The composition and camera position is a little bland- maybe look at some professional marketing photography of similar level restaurants.

The thing I see as a constant in your images is that you use blur on the left and right side of your images. I am not sure why or who told you to do it, maybe you saw it somewhere and thought it looks cool or something.

This is not helping your images at all, all that it creates is a distraction to the viewer. Blurriness like this only occurs when you are using a very cheap lens or camera, like a toy camera.

If you like Blurriness on images those occur because DOF, objects closer or further from the camera gets blurry (or both in some cases), not sides of the image.

If you would like to focus the viewer into some areas of your images, use colors or light intensity or both. Maybe a little vignetting, (Darker edges on your image, also produced by low-quality camera lenses)

Other than that, research for Architectural photography and try to follow those images as an example.

Your materials and mapping seem OK, you could use a little more details in your geometry, and try to reduce the noise overall, but other than that your images look good.

Best luck.