How 3d max file calculates file size

akshayarora

I am curious to know how 3D max actually calculates the file size, is it dependent on foilage or heavy mesh or any other details ?

Also we are going through with a issue of Automatically file saving , I mean whenever we do closes the file it saves automatically , I am trying with the ALC and CLP Scripts but they are working in some only .

I am curious to know how 3D max actually calculates the file size, is it dependent on foilage or heavy mesh or any other details ?

The more detail, the bigger the file - this includes objects and polygons. Proxy out heavy polygon objects such as foliage and you will keep your file size low which will make saving the scene faster. Also keep this in mind when you have animated cloth objects or other things that are linked to data within your scene.

Also we are going through with a issue of Automatically file saving , I mean whenever we do closes the file it saves automatically , I am trying with the ALC and CLP Scripts but they are working in some only .

If they are working in some scenes that's a good thing, it means only scenes that are infected will be cleaned. Regarding file saving, 3dsmax will want to save whenever an undo is triggered, selecting an object in your scene will request you save the scene after a recent save. Changing your render settings however will not trigger an undo, so if you have saved recently, opened your render settings and adjusted all your render settings, then if you close 3dsmax without touching anything else will close 3dsmax without asking you to save - thus you can lose all your latest render settings.

The more detail, the bigger the file - this includes objects and polygons. Proxy out heavy polygon objects such as foliage and you will keep your file size low which will make saving the scene faster. Also keep this in mind when you have animated cloth objects or other things that are linked to data within your scene.

If they are working in some scenes that's a good thing, it means only scenes that are infected will be cleaned. Regarding file saving, 3dsmax will want to save whenever an undo is triggered, selecting an object in your scene will request you save the scene after a recent save. Changing your render settings however will not trigger an undo, so if you have saved recently, opened your render settings and adjusted all your render settings, then if you close 3dsmax without touching anything else will close 3dsmax without asking you to save - thus you can lose all your latest render settings.

Hi James , How are you ?

I am getting your point but what I am saying is if I just opened a file and made 2-3 standard primitives in that and closes it after pressing Don't Save , still it will save the file . Actually this is what happening with the files due to ALC/CLP Error .

I have downloaded a Autodesk security tool named as Autodesk3dsMaxSecurityTools64-1.0.1-31.msi from Autodesk forums which was shared by a Autodesk official , Lets see if things do well after that , I will share the progress .

I am getting your point but what I am saying is if I just opened a file and made 2-3 standard primitives in that and closes it after pressing Don't Save , still it will save the file . Actually this is what happening with the files due to ALC/CLP Error

Ah ok, this indeed does not sound good. Yes see how you go with the ALC script and report back. Good luck