Glow effect with vray VR?

lolserver

Is it possible to add a glow effect visible in a Virtual Reality render? using vray btw.

Based on this tutorial >

Regards

I am starting to think that there is no glow effect when you view the vray VR render in Virtual Reality....or perhaps nobody has tried it yet.

You can always apply a vray light material, but it won't give glow or glare effect in Virtual Reality.

I have posted the question in a couple of forums but no answers yet. I still hope someone have a hint.

Well, in reality, is not that simple, because most post-production effects are screen rendered, this meant that if an element is close to the edge, there is no warranty that it will have the same intensity, falloff, and direction in the opposite edge. This will be visible when the image is wrapped around, in the case of spherical panoramas or if you use square sections.

Having said that, there are some tools that let you build the panorama and then you can apply post effects, this plugin works with Ater Effects, Fusion or Nuke.

You may want to take a look at that.

A solution for the wraparound/edges problem when editing in photoshop is to multiply your image so you have a 3x3 copy of your image/a nine image tile. If you then for example use a copy of your base render, desaturate it, apply a blur and set it to screen to get your highlights/flares, it should apply it evenly and then you can crop to the center image again, and it should work seamlessly.