Rock finish wall tiling.

Ramon Folguera

Hi guys,

I am trying to get a wall with this rock tiling finish (Reckli-Steinwald).

Do you know where I could find different tiles samples to randomise them so it doesnt look repetitive?

Otherwise, would you create your own ones with substance painter? Or is it a lot of work? Would you randomise it individually?

Having in mind i have been given a sketchup file that i have imported to 3dsmax that looks like the jpg.

thanks guys,

RAmon

csm_2_156_grey_377e9b7611.jpg

aa.jpg

Edited by ramonfolguera

Couldn't you just go into photoshop, duplicate the layer and change the blend mode to make several versions by just rotating one of the layers? I like substance designer very much, so that might be a god option too.

You don't even need to do that. Just use a Mix map in max. Use the original image, then in the 2nd mix slot use the same image but rotated say 40 degrees. Set the mix level to 30-50% and you'll be able to reduce some of the tiling. It's a quick way, but not always going to get the most perfect results. To take it a step further you could mix 2 mix maps together.

You could take it even further and use a composite map in Max to get multiple levels of blending.

Obviously using Substance is a good way to go, but sometimes it can just be overkill. Sometimes you just need to get the render out of the door.