Lighting - 3D Floorplan Renderings

AdamRosauio

Apartment Renovation - No4.jpg

I'm looking on advice for Lighting - 3D Floorplan Renderings. Im modelling in Sketchup and rendering with the Vray 3.6. The current attached example is lite with a Dome Light with the HDRI shown. Ive bumped up the intensity to about 40 with a Exposure Value of 14. I've tried a bunch of other lighting ideas, but just looking for other suggestion. Would love to get the effect of sun light though the windows, but that has been difficult too achieve with good results.

Any suggestion how i can improve, or try?

Thanks

Change your HDRI to one with a sun? Looks like the one you are using is indoors and with artificial lights only? Thus your geometry will be lit pretty much like the interior you see on your HDRI. If you are looking for free HDRI`s you could try the noemotion ones, they have a good selection of HDRI`s and you should get better results! If you want to keep the lighting and just insert additional lights from the windows, try to create a targeted light that is pointed through your window, make sure the size covers the opening and change the directional option from 0 to 1. Then you instance that light around for all the windows. That should result is "spotlights" that acts as the sun shining through your windows.

put a box as ceiling/roof and make it invisible to camera, then you can use Sun/Sky combo if you like or any type of lighting.

You'll need to place interior lights though just like a regular render.

Ive though of that but couldnt figure it out, i can do in max, but not vray in sketchup. Im assuming that is within the vray setting to hide, or ingnore object from scene, view, camera. Ill look again.

Found it, its under a material setting, Raytrace Properties, only in Secondary. Not sure that the "right" way todo it but its the effect.

Edited by AdamRosauio