render setting is shown below

I choose high-animatoin but still can't solve the noise problem

the render result is also in attachment file

ca2.JPG

thank you

3dsmax2015+vray3.2

s10050.jpg

ca.JPG

It has been a long time since I rendered with Irradiance Map, but if memory serves you need to up your samples.... You have 50/20. I think I used to use a rule of thumb that the low had to be half the high, like 90/50 or something.

The noise is definitely Irradiance splotchiness so you either need more samples or more lights and I think the lighting looks fine as is.

To add to what Corey mentioned, from your screenshot you don't have a second bounce assigned ??

You should use at least Light cache for the second bounce. you can pre-cal or leave it to frame to frame, in the latest version of V-Ray the sampling is smart enough to deal with it frame to frame.

Irradiance can also use some of the Light Cache samples to get a better Gi solution.

Other than that, you can increase the interpolation samples of your Irradiance to eliminate those splotches or increase your samples and interpolation too, as mentioned by Corey.

As a final note, you can reset everything to default and give a try to Brute force as the first bounce and see how much it take to render, V-Ray is very efficient nowadays, that by the time you figure out all your Irradiance samples and pre-calculating saving and loading, by that time Brute force and Light cache is already done ;)

What are your settings?? default 1-24 noise threshold 0.01?

The testing output of Glossy, GI, Reflections passes workflow, works fine, but V-Ray is using unified sampling workflow since 3.x so this process is more simplified.

What I recommend to do is load the Sample rate pass, instead and do a render. If your sample rate pass is all red and there is noise on the image then you need more samples. If the sample rate pass is all blue and your image still has noise then you need to reduce your noise threshold. That's all that you can focus on.

Some instances, maybe in your case since your scene is all glossy and poor lighting, you may check your Min Shade rate. What this value does, in a nutshell, is dividing the image sampler to refine small frequency objects and antialiasing or Gi, glossiness and similar. The smaller the number, the sharper the image, more defined, the larger the number, cleaner GI or smooth glossiness etc. ( this is on image sampler tab under Advance) now this value you can increase it even before you increase your max subdivs image sampler.

Because the type of scene you have I would go and increase the in shade rate to about 20 and see how that helps.

Then check Noise threshold and them Max samples, in that order.

Or do it Vlado style, set your min to 1, your Max to 100 then just adjust the Noise threshold and min shade rate ;)