Revit 2019 question - hidden lines for IMPORTED 3D object

Morne Erasmus

Hi guys

I have a blank newly created Revit file using Architectural template, import a 3D model from a 3rd party (not created with Revit)

In level 1, the object shows as hidden lines

In level 2, the objects shows as wireframe without hidden lines

Toggling the hidden lines show/hide on the ribbon has no effect on the imported object.

the level1 and level 2 is the default ones...

Any thoughts?

I'm not a revit power user at all so I may not be on the right path, but off the top of my head, look at the graphic override settings

Yes that was it. The other thing is now, it always shows me the entire model, no matter what level view I'm on. The cut depth doesnt seem to work no matter how much I adjust levels or cut depth.

On any floor plan view, level 1 and level 2 in this case, I adjust any and all values under the Extents section

So depth clipping, view range, crop view, scope box, any combination of adjusting any of those has no effect. I started of just adjusting depth clipping, but that did nothing. Then in a South Elevation view, I also tried moving the actual level line, still with no effect. It always show me the full imported model

Moving level lines is a bad idea. anything that is associated to that particular level will move with it. You may need to create a new level at the height you want to make a new plan to see what you are looking for.

Are you using the revit model to get information for recreating something in Max? What is your end goal here?

This is not a criticism question, just want to know how specific I have to get. If you had to rate yourself as a revit user 1 - 10. 1 being noob to 10 being guru, where would you put yourself?

Its a blank Revit file created from the Architecture template. The only thing in here is the imported 3D model. I'm trying to get floorplans, sections, elevations out of it (thats the end goal)

I WAS a guru (10), but that was on Revit version 5 and 6, more than 15 years ago! Now I'm probably back to a 3

Attempting Revit, because AutoCAD suck for this. Flatshot results in single colour block. Flatten only works on non hidden line, otherwise it HEAVILY segments curved objects

Edited by Morne