Differences between vrmesh and vrscene

taitam

Hi, Can someone tell me the difference between vrmesh and vrscene?

From my understanding you can modify material of a vrmesh but not a vrscene.

vrscene seems slightly heavier compare to vrmesh as I understand it contains material and maps.

Otherwise is there any preference in term of performance? I am wondering why having 2 proxy types?

thx

While I not used vrscene myself, but just a quick search from chaos page (for sketchup but image that its the same for both max maya etc).

V-Ray Proxy Mesh allows geometry to be imported from an external mesh at render time only. The geometry is not present in the SketchUp scene and does not take any resources. This allows the rendering of scenes with many millions of triangles - more than SketchUp itself can handle.

V-Ray Scene (.vrscene) is a file format which allows for assets, such as geometry, materials, and lights, to be shared together between all platforms that run V-Ray.

A Proxy Scene object is the result of importing a .vrscene file into your scene from the V-Ray Import Proxy option. Once imported, its parameters are available in the Asset Editor's Geometry tab.

TLDR - vrmesh is just one geometry proxy, vrscene is proxy of the whole scene - geometry, lights and mats included.

Sorry if I can't help more.

Edited by eduardasvuskvariokas