3ds Max Vray 360 walkthrough animation

I've done it with 3ds Max and Mental Ray...just render out 360 panoramas in an animation sequence of panoramas.

This starts off facing to the right of where the camera is moving (it was a test and didn't want to fix it):

Go to this link:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6178631?hl=en

Read all 3 steps, but take note of Step 2: Prepare for Upload, then Number 1 and download it so you can inject Youtube's metadata into your final animation before you upload. Then upload and YouTube understands its a 360 video.

Unfortunately you have to render out really high resolution panoramas for clear imagery, which takes a long time depending on length of animation.

To the original post go to the VRay help and read the instructions to create 360 panoramas. You can select output in different formats, for the video I recommend to do spherical panorama and save the frames.

Then you need to edit in any video editing software that can output a Stereo panorama or single 360 panoramas to upload to youtube.

Edited by fco3d

Haha. Yeah, like i said, it was just a test. If I did it over again, I'd have the camera at car driver height, moving at 25mph, and all the other cars animated, as well as people. But ya...that took forever to render out and will not be revisiting that particular model!

I've done it with 3ds Max and Mental Ray...just render out 360 panoramas in an animation sequence of panoramas.

This starts off facing to the right of where the camera is moving (it was a test and didn't want to fix it):

Go to this link:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6178631?hl=en

Read all 3 steps, but take note of Step 2: Prepare for Upload, then Number 1 and download it so you can inject Youtube's metadata into your final animation before you upload. Then upload and YouTube understands its a 360 video.

Unfortunately you have to render out really high resolution panoramas for clear imagery, which takes a long time depending on length of animation.

holly cow you gave me serious PTSD every time the camera fly over the cars LOL