Vray GPU Render artifact

FreakyDroid

Hey guys,

I've been testing Vray's GPU rendering for animations and I'm encountering a weird artifacting problem that I cant solve. It appears at some frames and only on one object, the floor to be exact.

At first I thought I could be having overlapping geometry, but that's not the case. I tried making changes to the shader, thinking that could be the problem, but that's not the problem either. Tried changing render settings, added thickness to the floor, but the problem persists.

Here's a small animation and a a still image where you can see the white artifacts on the floor.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and what could be causing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

gpu_animation_denoised_ocl.0016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. Seems the latest update fixed the issue I was having and Im not seeing any artifacts now.

To answer some of the questions: render settings were default, I used the brute force method without any precalc of LC. Geometry was fine, it was a simple line and a edit poly on top, no smoothing.

Thanks for the help!

Glad is working for you,

Now regarding 'just applying an Edit polygon over a spline'. I would rather recommend giving some thickness to your geometry; mostly if this geometry is floors, walls, windows, ceiling and such, using single planes, sometimes gives you problems and GI errors. There is nothing to lose using geometry with high instead of a simple plane, this will varies of course if it is a carpet or water, but even then, modeling as the object is in real life always work better overall.

Best luck.