Basics of visualization lighting

mirzaatif

Hi,

I ma new to forum and i have attached two of pictures in this thread one is rendered by me and second is reference. So you can judge it better than me. So anyone can help me out that how to make lighting and material like this.

3d max 2014

vray 3.4

i am using these softwares.

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-14 at 3.03.34 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-24 at 3.53.26 PM.jpeg

Well honestly is not only about lighting, camera composition, colors, materials, modeling, everything helps to differentiate a simple image from a great image.

In your case, your modeling is way simpler than your reference image.

Look how much detail is, also the textures help to read better the volume, in your case you are only using a flat color.

Camera composition, the reference image is creating depth, with objects and also with focus, your image is a too high straight-on view, those generally shink the space and make everything look flat.

Please look for photography as reference, see how the photographer framed the shot, then look in the details of the building, grout, dirt, aging, variance in colors, details in modeling, chamfering, curves, roguht surfaces, all that and more will help you got create a better image.

Great to see an answer and thanks for replying me. So can you help me out to take a start that where from can i start to observe things like you said. I have a lot of links and vids and bla bla bla. I think you got the point that what i am trying to tell.

Thanks once again.

I don't know if I understand your question.

but what you are asking me is very long to answer, you are asking me how to make a renders looks good and photoreal and that is very long to explain and even with that you need to practice, I still after over 10 years of doing this, I still try different method to achieve better results.

There are plenty of books around, and tutorials, but you need to look for the one that explains the why thing are done this or that way.

Do not fixate on software settings and numbers, the main issue for you is to train your eye, so you can tell what looks good or not.

Alex Roman has an excellent book talking how and why he used this or that technique to produce his animations and renders, there are also Books for Cardoso, that explains very well how and why when working doing visualizations.

Specifics on your image I can make a list of things to fix, but if you don't know what I meant then everything will sound like a troll criticizing your image to the pixel :p