Need help with machine build

I've been asked to suggest machine specs for me to use on a new job I'm about to start. The company has an I.T guy who will build the actual machine.

I will be creating product visualisations using 3ds Max, Vray and Photoshop.

I'll be doing still renders of products and perhaps some animation down the line. I'll also be putting said products into photorealistic scenes such as living rooms kitchens and bathrooms to create marketing images. Any heavy rendering will be outsourced to render farms but I will do some rendering overnight on the machine for now with a view to buying a render node down the line.

Not had to build a machine myself for a while so I would love some suggestions?

That's great thanks very much. I will be recommending this one to them but I would also like to suggest something around the £1500 mark, what would you suggest compromising on for that price point?

Of course. Something like this PCPartPicker Part List. I changed the cpu with a 3900X (12 cores vs 16) and the gpu with a 2060 Super, which would be quite similar with the 2070 S in viewport performance. As for the 3900X, it would be similar in STP tasks with the 3950X, but in rendering with Vray (Next), benchmarks show 20-25% slower times. So, it's up to you and the budget available to make the best choice.

If you opt for the first rig (with the 3950X) and need 64gb of RAM, you can pick the 2060 Super and add a 2nd pair of the same RAM kit. But for product visualization, I think you'll be fine with 32gb for now.