Raytrace materials with V-Ray Free

cullen

I'm using the free version of V-ray with MAX 6. I've created some test scenes (still learning v-ray) usning 1 photometric light. everything in the scene looks great except my Raytraced Glass. It's solid black with no reflection. I understand that the full version of vray has materials and it's own lights but can someone tell me how to fix this in the free version.

I have to prove that things look better before my office will purchase the full version and the download doesn't work for the demo of it.

thanks,

crw

I'm using the free version of V-ray with MAX 6. I've created some test scenes (still learning v-ray) usning 1 photometric light. everything in the scene looks great except my Raytraced Glass. It's solid black with no reflection. I understand that the full version of vray has materials and it's own lights but can someone tell me how to fix this in the free version.

I have to prove that things look better before my office will purchase the full version and the download doesn't work for the demo of it.

thanks,

crw

Vray doesn't like the Raytrace combo.

Vray Advanced (and free - if I remember correctly)) has its own

raytracer (VRAYMTL/ vray map). Use that instead of Max's default

raytracer.

vertex

Yes v wrangler is correct , add vraymap in the reflection map slot. Then tick glossy etc. in its rollout ,set subdivs (default 50, which is way too high)to a low number for tests as well as depth setting on 2 instead of 5.

For better results use glass with dark diffuse colour and Hdri map applied in the reflection environment ? slot.

vray free is great I have been using it for past number of years. You should get good results with it.