Max6 Viewport Controls

ShaunDon

Hey guys --

I've just had a hell of a day upgrading all our machines to Max6 and the new V-Ray (which still isn't installed -- damned waiting for license authorization) ... Anyway, on one of our workstations the viewport control buttons (pan, zoom, dolly, etc.) aren't appearing in the lower right and instead the area is blanked. See attachment.

I've tried all sorts of loading different UI schemes, reverting to default layouts, and I even copied the 3dsmax6 directory over from a computer that I just installed it on and displays the buttons fine. No go. And of course this would happen only on my boss' machine! Any of you ever seen this sort of thing? Ya'll tend to be a lot more responsive and helpful than tech support!

Thanks!

Shaun

p.s. -- forget the attachment, the board is giving me a "not a valid image" message for both a GIF and JPEG image. This really is my day.

Thanks Paulo -- no dice, though.

Here's the funny part -- if I launch V-Ray's spawner (for distributive network rendering which opens max with a dummy scene file) and close it, then open max, the viewport controls are there. If I close max and open it again without running and shutting down the spawner, they're gone again.

So this is our temporary workaround until I have some time to burn on the problem, but maybe that behavior will suggest a possible fix to someone. Thanks!

Shaun