Faking parallax and 3D camera movement

I'm looking for suggestions of how to get the most out of an animation production pipeline, i.e. reducing the number of frames rendered from Vray/3DSMax and moving the weight on to a post processing process.

An old colleague of mine used nuke to create a fake parallax effect in this animation, also obviously there's the technique of creating a 360 still and panning a camera around that in after effects. I don't have a Nuke licence and can't get one, but I'm willing to learn Fusion, I think this can be used for something similar to the former...

Just fishing for ideas really, if you've used similar techniques.

Edited by busseynova

• 3 weeks later...

the basic way is to think of it as background-midground-foreground. Render out and paint up 3 images to layer in Fusion. by scaling, moving, blurring each layer independently and/or at different rates, you can pull off the dolly parallax effect quite easily like the dining room shot in the linked vid. I'd suggest starting there and then explore more sophisticated composites. By doing the above and tossing in an animated door layer or a rotating ceiling fan, you can cut down on a ton of render time.

• 4 weeks later...