Hardware and Technical Discussions " Sudden improper performance"

Hello dears, 

i tried to render lately on 3dmax 2019 & Vray next 3 with (17 millions polygons' scene) i had no any noticeable hardware's heats, while rendering the (CPU performance was 100% while the RAM was 9.00 GB) then the formula became totally different (CPU performance was 10% while the RAM was 15.8 GB)  .  the Laptop has been stopped, i forced turn off it. after one hour i turned it on and i found that the monitor illuminates gradually with an improper way, it takes like 30 seconded to be fully lighten. after one day i opened the device again it works will but i found such i slow performance and responses in the normal processes like browsing or playing a HD movie. why such something happens? 

i just want to know how can i check if the device ( gaming laptop - lenovo Y50 ) had been negatively affected by such rendering loads. and how can i monitor the hardware performance thresholds ( like GPU, CPU, HHD )   that match the high quality renders that i should not exceeds in the modeling and rendering process 

Im using

- Windows 7 service pack 1 

- processor : Intel - i7 4720 HQ & 2.6 GHz

- Installed RAM: 16 GB

- GPU: GeForce NVIDIA 960M

Are you rendering the same scene? Because low CPU usage and high RAM usage indicates out of memory condition. Is it possible to add more RAM in the system?

Regarding possible GPU and CPU performance degradation, you can try to run some kind of benchmark and see whether your results are in the ballpark of similar system.