Laptop for Architecture student

Hello! I am starting a March in London and I want to buy a new laptop. I am between these two:

Lenovo Creator 5 15IMH Laptop (Core i7 10750H/RAM 16 GB/256GB SSD + 1TB HDD/GTX 1650 4 GB) 

Dell G3 15 3590 (Core i7-9750H/RAM 16GB/512GB/GTX1660Ti 6GB)

The big difference is that the first has i7 gen 10 CPU and 4GB of Graphics card and the second one has i7 gen 9 CPU and 6GB of Graphics card.

My question is that in order to run 3DS Max, Rhino, Autocad etc. it is more important the newest CPU or the slightly better graphics card?

Thank you!

9 hours ago, geor92 said:

Hello! I am starting a March in London and I want to buy a new laptop. I am between these two:

Lenovo Creator 5 15IMH Laptop (Core i7 10750H/RAM 16 GB/256GB SSD + 1TB HDD/GTX 1650 4 GB) 

Dell G3 15 3590 (Core i7-9750H/RAM 16GB/512GB/GTX1660Ti 6GB)

The big difference is that the first has i7 gen 10 CPU and 4GB of Graphics card and the second one has i7 gen 9 CPU and 6GB of Graphics card.

My question is that in order to run 3DS Max, Rhino, Autocad etc. it is more important the newest CPU or the slightly better graphics card?

Thank you!

Hi and welcome to cgarchitect!

Could you be a little more specific about this laptop? What's your budget and where are you going to buy from (location, store etc)?

And one more thing. Are you going to use this laptop for rendering too, and if yes, with which engine (Vray, Corona etc)?

2 hours ago, Nikolaos M said:

Hi and welcome to cgarchitect!

Could you be a little more specific about this laptop? What's your budget and where are you going to buy from (location, store etc)?

And one more thing. Are you going to use this laptop for rendering too, and if yes, with which engine (Vray, Corona etc)?

Hello! I will buy it from Greece. The budget is max 1,500 EUR and yes, I will do rendering as well, mostly Vray. Thank you Nikolae!

If you don't mind the "gaming" looks, check this one

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/23772416/MSI-GL65-Leopard-10SER-i7-10750H-8GB-512GB-GeForce-RTX-2060-FHD-W10.html

The good thing is that you can upgrade RAM up to 64gb. The gpu is even better.

If you want a more classic look, check the G3 or G5 Dell series:

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/24841700/Dell-G5-5500-i7-10750H-8GB-512GB-GeForce-GTX-1650-Ti-FHD-Linux.html

The gpu is slightly worse, but it's decent enough for viewports etc. You could just upgrade RAM and you're ready to go.