Viz 2005 Hang at Start up

Arnel

Need some help here guys. Our viz 2005 used to work just fine and then recently all of a sudden it will just hang during start up. It will hang while loading mental ray.dlz plug-in. Already tried uninstall then reinstall but still the same problem.

I have the same problem, yesterday it was working well...I am using fR-1 and Vray...after loading the component I got the message that "An error has occureded and the application will now close"

I re-installed it and nothing happen!!....maybe it is the internal conection thru the internet with the Autodesk's server... they have the day off today, the last person yesterday turned the lights off,un-pluged the server :) and the IT monkeys are drunk

This is a public apologies for the IT monkeys in Autodesk....they are not drunk...or yes they are!!, who knows but It wasn't their fault, it is a vray issue, I installed vray 1.46.10 and now Viz is working!!! I found the thread under vray forum...the good news are the server is working and lights are on :)

Disabled karspersky anti-hacker program but that does not solve our problem. I cannot think of any other program blocking the mental ray port. So I followed the next instruction to go to user's configuration and here is my problem (excuse my ignorance) where can i access that users configuration? How should we know which program is interferring with the mental ray port 7001?

Already uninstalled vray but still the same. It hangs while loading mental ray.dlz

How to access user's configuration and how to check which program is blocking mental ray port 7001?

Any help is pretty much appreciated. Thanks

Did you check in the task manager if there aren’t any processes of the anti virus program running? Sometimes even if you unload the program some processes are still running, if you find some kill it

Also, you can rename mantelray.dlz in the stdplugs folder, and VIZ should load, but of course you won’t have mantel ray.

Disabled antivirus, anti-hackers and vray plug-in then uninstall-reinstall viz 2005 but still the same problem.

Rename mental ray.dlz to any other name resolved the issue. But I still have to test it if it will not affect anything during production time.