Shadows problem

Taheera nawab

Hi , 

I have severe problem with shadows setting in sketchup which i desired , I am trying from a year but not yet able to get the results  , please help me , I'm attaching the files to clear my issue more in-depth . Image 1 is the results i get and image 2 is the result i want .. 

I tried all basic shadow setting in sketchup and settings in vray like size multiplier or intensity etc. 

I will attach the model file if somebody can set the sketchup/vray settings for me ? Thanks 

IMG_20210318_131031_906.jpg

Screenshot_20210318-131012_1.png

Edited by Taheera nawab
Something was missing

Hi Taheera

I think the problem isn’t in the shadows, but in the light source. In your first example, you are illuminating the scene with a light that is just a point in the space (such as a single bulb). But in the second example, the source of light is a surface, such as a window with curtains, or a photographer’s softbox… This way, as the light is a surface, the shadows are smoother.

First of all, you have to replace the light in your scene with a VRay light with a rectangular shape (or a disc). For example, a light with a size of 0,50x0,50m. You can test different sices and different intensities. Then, you can deal with the parameters of the light to get a smooth shadow.