FBX Revit import. Geometry shifting/offsetting.

D C

So we usually ask for Revit fbx exports so we can link them into max by category/material.

But more often than not, when linked into max the geometry shifts from it's correct position. This happens on pretty much every job and we have to manually correct the model. A complete waste of time and energy. The geometry looks correct in Revit, so I don't understand what's going on here. Using the normal, import -> fbx brings through the geo correctly, but in thousands of objects which requires manually attaching them together. Slow and cumbersome.

Does anyone else have such issues? I've spoken to Autodesk, and they confirm 'linking' an fbx causes this issue. I can't be alone in encountering this.

How is everyone else dealing with this bug?

wClick image for larger version  Name: Untitled-1.jpg Views: 83 Size: 188.8 KB ID: 1114895

• 3 months later...

The Revit file must be saved out seperatley from the main file, then that file must be purged, and then exported.

It has something to do with historial changes to the revit model not being picked up at point of export.