Russia - Ukraine

I'm wondering if we in the CG community should be trying to do our bit by not purchasing from Russian affiliated sites?

Searching for a model earlier i noticed that Turbo squid seemed to be selling models linked with Russia.  Should we try to pursuade websites like Turbo Squid to stop any sales linked to Russian accounts?

Also 3DSky seems to have Links with Russia

Edited by Christopher Lown
  • Like 1

Our (America's) media lies to us, our politicians lie to us, and our business leaders lie to us - all to have power over the lives of people they hate, and make themselves richer.

Why should architects be any different?

Humans are the meanest s.o.b.'s on the planet.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 8:33 PM, Karl Larsen said:

Our (America's) media lies to us, our politicians lie to us, and our business leaders lie to us - all to have power over the lives of people they hate, and make themselves richer.

Why should architects be any different?

Humans are the meanest s.o.b.'s on the planet.

Some are, some are not

• 2 months later...

You know there are many Russians that condemn this war, also there are several Ukrainians that would rather live under the Russian umbrella. Any single country that call it self 'word power' or 'advanced country' has done something atrocious to a smaller country, who are they to point fingers now? War is one of the most horrible thing that can happen to any country, but it is all our fault as society.  All these politicians and government talking about blockage and sending help is just politics and propaganda for themself, if they really wanted to help the Ukrainians they will do way more, for example cancel they deb and send help for free. Nothing that's been given to Ukraine if free, when all these is done they will be on a major deb as a country, Russia too, but the countries that "helped"? they will be even more rich than before. They all are too tangled with world economy, for anyone to really do something significant.

As for us, it is up your conscience I guess. I always try to help my local suppliers and people from my origin country.

But blame a whole country because only a few of them are doing something wrong? I don't think is the right thing to do, at least in my opinion.