360 spin

Tim Saunders

Wow it has been a long time since I have been on here.  I'm looking for a good way to present 360 spin around views.  Not like a panoramic view looking out, but the opposite. Like what you see on many product websites.  I have several clients that request their homes to be viewed all the way around.  So far, we have been presenting it by using Object2VR and loading the files (100 frames rendered in a circle around the building) into their GGPKG viewer.  That's fine when we are presenting, but we have to supply the image files, an html file and an xml file, as well as instructions on how to download and use the GGPKG viewer.  Not at all a client friendly way of distributing their project.  I'm wanting to just supply them with a link to click and be able to view it and scrub back and forth in their browser.  Has anyone done this, if so what method do you use?

I haven't done it myself to a full extent, but there could be a few options. You could do something like SketchFab and just load the model up there. Twinmotion has a pretty good presentation system in the cloud now as well. If you need to lock the camera so that you can only spin 360 degrees around and not accidentally fly off into space or too close to the model, then I'm not 100% sure if there is a pre-built software for this just yet.

Another way is to keep your current system and just get a Squarespace or other web building subscription and part of your deliverable includes the webpage where this stuff is already pre-loaded up for the client to just view or link to.

You could easily do this in Unreal, but you'd need to set up a pixel streaming system so you wouldn't have to require the client to have a machine to run the Unreal file.

5 hours ago, Scott Schroeder said:

I haven't done it myself to a full extent, but there could be a few options. You could do something like SketchFab and just load the model up there. Twinmotion has a pretty good presentation system in the cloud now as well. If you need to lock the camera so that you can only spin 360 degrees around and not accidentally fly off into space or too close to the model, then I'm not 100% sure if there is a pre-built software for this just yet.

Another way is to keep your current system and just get a Squarespace or other web building subscription and part of your deliverable includes the webpage where this stuff is already pre-loaded up for the client to just view or link to.

You could easily do this in Unreal, but you'd need to set up a pixel streaming system so you wouldn't have to require the client to have a machine to run the Unreal file.

Thanks.  I'm leaning towards hosting it on a web site.  Hopefully we can figure out something easy.  I know there are some WordPress plugins, but we'll see.

It's been a long time for me too, but I think after Flash died, or was killed. I remember we used CSS to so similar effects. At the end is always a set of images that are load in sequence.

You could research, HTML5 image scroll or slider, or click scroll images gallery.

I think that's what AXYZ website uses for their people gallery, I could be wrong.