CGArchitect AI gallery and beyound.

Francisco Penaloza

There has been a lot of talk about art created with AI, and the conversation can get wide and wild. I know that the gallery on this website uses Ai to choose the 'trendy or nice images' from the many submissions received, but it makes me wonder if this is creating a bias on the selection. Is it really choosing the 'nicer images' or just what fits the algorithm?
I have been keeping an eye on the gallery for a while and have noticed a similar look or similarities between all the images. And this makes me wonder how we can be sure we are showcasing something good or great instead of something that fits the standard. I know that none of my projects fit these trendy criteria because of the nature of my work, schools, Hospitals, and such. So as a case study, instead of trying to create something or copy someone else work  (this is where art dies,)
I when to the true nature of it. I chose an AI image generator and wrote down the key points I saw on the CGArchitect gallery.
Modern building, Golder rule alignment, Fog, dusk colors, steril, people walking to the building.
This AI created an image, and after a couple of variations, I thought it would fit the criteria, I  just changed the overall colors to test if colors were a primary point of this Forum AI; and Voila.  
The AI generated an image that was immediately accepted by the CGArchitect algorithm.
Was this luck or coincidence? I don't think so. I have posted many other images none of them are 'chosen' because I know they won't work for what I already explained.
 Now, this makes me wonder and ask the question to you guys.
Are we, as artists/professionals, really limited or guided by the trends of our industry? How can we be creative and innovators if some of our work has to fit certain criteria, not only on this website but as an industry in general, in competitions, charrettes, and so on. in the near future, machine learning will create a style that all the AEC industry will accept as standard, and anything outside of that will be strange or weird?
What do you think?
Below are screenshots of the image and CG Architect first page for when it changes to a 'new selection'... but we know how those images will look, right?

RedCorner.JPG

frontPage.JPG