Vray Interior Animation Problem!!

Sherif Massoud

Hi..

Please check attached animation, in 1st part there is problem in right side wooden walls (Lines are not stable).

Also, in 2nd part same wooden wall (at left side) and front grey wall have same problem (lines are not stable and shacking in very bad way).

I hope anyone can 

help me to solve this issue.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Sherif Massoud

I can see some shaking in other part of the animation too, I think your initializing is too low overall.

As James mentioned the only way to resolve this issue is increasing your initializing, or rendering larger and the 'shrink' the image to your final output.

Sometimes rendering larger is faster than increasing the antialising, but that depends of your scene.

You can try decreasing the shade rate on V-Ray, default is 6, maybe try 3 and see if that works.

What are you other settings?

@James Vella is correct you should not disable antialising, particularly if you are not rendering large images or video.  You may save a couple second (if any) disabling it but really at that size it is not worth the trouble, you'll get more problems like the ones you are facing already.  If you are rendering very large images, then that's an other story.

For animation default VRay lanczos should do fine, you can try V Ray Box or Area, these last ones are a little softer and helps when camera moves perpendicular to objects or there are many small objects such grass. or in your case those vertical wood panels.

Now I noticed you are saving your GI solution. I haven't used this method in years but for what I remember when calculating the Light cache you should use a larger value, such 2000 and choose the option camera path( animation in the latest V-Ray), so it calculate all the frames not only the first frame. Then you can calculate the Irradiance GI, in your case since the camera stay mostly in the same area you could use the multiframe incremental.

Now you won't like this but, your bucket sampler it is too low. Using 1-4 is not enough for our scene, maybe you can get by using 1-10, but usually when you have those vertical elements then you need to push your antialising further.

I noticed you have de-noiser, I am not sure if this will help you with your GI setup. It may not be necessary, actually this increase your per frame time.

If you need faster frames I would recommend using progressive method, leave the sampler 1-100 and adjust your noise threshold instead, or adjust the time per frame, then the de-noiser will be your best friend and you can have a exact time to finish your whole animation.

I don't know what computer you have, but maybe you could try V-Ray GPU, if you do only interiors this method would be way faster and your Gi would look way better with the brute force method.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi..

Back again to the moire effect, I changed some values and I think the result is much better.

I changed: Filter to (Video), Bucket Image Sampler (Max Subdiv) to 10, Irradiance map subdivs to (48),  Light cache subdiv to (2000), Disabled the Denoiser..

I think this is nice for now and thank you again for your help.👍