Best training investment in 3D visualisation?

Viveiros

Hi,
I'm an architect who uses Autocad for 2D and SketchUp + Vray for 3D Visualization. I’m also skilled in photography and video editing (Photoshop FCP etc…)

At the moment I'm thinking in refreshing my skills and leaving the “material” architecture, to go more in to architecture visualisation or even 3D in generally...

What software do you think I should start learning? Blender, 3Ds, other?
What would give more advantages in the job market? (Especially remote)
Any opinion would be nice. Thanks!
Edited by Viveiros

3dsmax is the largest base for architecture visualization. Cinema4D is not far behind but 3dsmax has better integration from Autodesk/CAD software etc. I also think if you are currently using Sketchup/Vray then its probably an easier combination. Cinema4D also has Vray/Corona so also a plus.

Regarding the job market same order as the first paragraph, 3dsmax then C4D. 3dsmax can handle also live link Revit files which is useful if you deal with architects using Revit, it also natively imports SketchUp files. There's some import issues with materials/geometry but can be negated using some cleanup plugins like Sini etc. Keep in mind Cinema4D has a much better animation system so if that's your Jam for the long run maybe its worth thinking about - if you just plan on doing architecture for the foreseeable future then 3dsmax it is. Just to clarify about Cinema4D in the job market - I have taught classes in 3D and most people want classes in Cinema4D, 3dsmax is kind of an older breed but those who use 3dsmax know it well, but if you want to teach in future that's something to consider.

I use 3dsmax/c4d/blender for different things, Blender is ok but not designed for heavy archviz type work just yet, the lack of render options is also limiting. The modelling tools are excellent but doesn't put it in the same tier as 3dsmax/cinema4d for me for an overall package. I don't want to beat down on the little dog but Blender has some major issues with heavy files and archviz stuff is typically heavy, so you are going to hit the wall often in my opinion.   

Edited by James Vella