CG artists, let's get to know each other

PeteVis

hi to all cg atists here. 
I believe that in this difficult time for us, we should all stick together. let's just meet and chat here. I think a great platform like this is very good for networking in this field. it will be interesting to hear who is currently working on what and how they are doing. feel free to share your thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete, I am Francisco, been here for a while, in this empty space LOL

I would be very curious to know how many people actually visit this website still.  It used to be very busy, now really there is nobody.

About me, I am from Chile, moved to USA 23 years ago, bee always working on 3D Graphics, small studios hen focused on Arch Viz, that is what I do now, working as in house for an Architectural firm in California, though I live in Texas now. Most of the project I do are competitions and private institutions, so it is hard for me to share images, but when I can I do it from time to time., Currently the software that I use are, all Adobe suite, also 3D Max, Sketchup, REVIT, Rhino, V-Ray, Itoo softwares, Anima, many other plugins. Unreal, Enscape, Lumion. and anything in between.

1 minute ago, Francisco Penaloza said:

Привет, Пит, я Франциско, был здесь какое-то время, в этом пустом месте LOL

Мне было бы очень любопытно узнать, сколько людей на самом деле посещают этот сайт до сих пор. Раньше было очень занято, сейчас действительно никого нет.

Обо мне: я из Чили, переехала в США 23 года назад, всегда работала над 3D-графикой, в небольших студиях сосредоточилась на Arch Viz, вот чем я занимаюсь сейчас, работая дома в архитектурной фирме в Калифорнии, хотя я живу сейчас в Техасе. Большая часть проектов, которые я делаю, - это конкурсы и частные учреждения, поэтому мне трудно делиться изображениями, но когда я могу, я делаю это время от времени. В настоящее время я использую программное обеспечение, все пакеты Adobe, а также 3D Max. , Sketchup, REVIT, Rhino, V-Ray, программное обеспечение Itoo, Anima и многие другие плагины. Нереально, Энскейп, Люмион. и все, что между ними.

nice to meet you Francisco.  yes this web looks empty, unfortunately. I really want to find some place with active community of cg artist in architecture industry. but for now can;t :(

On 1/19/2023 at 4:46 PM, Francisco Penaloza said:

I would be very curious to know how many people actually visit this website still.  It used to be very busy, now really there is nobody.

Yeah, it used to be a place where I could come and get answers within an hour or two because it was so busy. I think what's happened is that software has become more and more easy to use over the years, and rendering solutions tend to just work out-of-the-box thus negating the need for endless threads on "best irradiance map settings for animation", and so on. People these days tend towards the forums of their chosen product too.

I do know however that there is still a wealth of talent and experience here - so I'll never leave purely because I may need to rely on that again one day.

5 hours ago, Chris MacDonald said:

Yeah, it used to be a place where I could come and get answers within an hour or two because it was so busy. I think what's happened is that software has become more and more easy to use over the years, and rendering solutions tend to just work out-of-the-box thus negating the need for endless threads on "best irradiance map settings for animation", and so on. People these days tend towards the forums of their chosen product too.

I do know however that there is still a wealth of talent and experience here - so I'll never leave purely because I may need to rely on that again one day.

yes u r right, but I think that simple thematic communication, exchange of experience, vacancies, etc. is also very important. even if there are no questions about the software settings.

so want to find place where i can do it

yea you are correct, but You know Visualization is more than just knowing what button to push. Technology has made it easy, way too easy or faster. My company now is full of renderings, everyone and their mothers can do a 'quick' rendering, but they all look the same, Not great. Sometimes not even good.

I thought this web forum would evolve, in to real-time, interactivity and more art. but I guess the bulk of it was just talking about what button to push. And that is sad.

I have posted some questions regarding Unreal, and nobody answer, some people point me to the Epic/Unreal forums, but there nobody helps. It seem when Realtime came in to our business everyone got scare and kept under 7 keys the little they learn.

On 1/26/2023 at 5:43 PM, Francisco Penaloza said:

yea you are correct, but You know Visualization is more than just knowing what button to push. Technology has made it easy, way too easy or faster. My company now is full of renderings, everyone and their mothers can do a 'quick' rendering, but they all look the same, Not great. Sometimes not even good.

I thought this web forum would evolve, in to real-time, interactivity and more art. but I guess the bulk of it was just talking about what button to push. And that is sad.

I have posted some questions regarding Unreal, and nobody answer, some people point me to the Epic/Unreal forums, but there nobody helps. It seem when Realtime came in to our business everyone got scare and kept under 7 keys the little they learn.

sounds sad, honestly. 
and where you work now?