Saving render in Exr 32bit with all the channels(elements)

Faheem Khan

Hi, everyone
I need an urgent help.
I have just started using Vray 5.2 in 3ds Max.
I want to render a walkthrough with many moving objects for an exterior scene.
I have many render elements to have more control(image attached)
When I render in Vray buffer frame, I have the option to "save all image channels in single file" as EXR 32 bit.
but after pre-calculating Irradiance map and light cache, when I give path to save all the frames as EXR with 32 bit information(image attached), it does not give me any information of Vraycryptomatte when I OPEN EXR in NUKE. I want to compose the final rendering in NUKE, thats the reason I need single EXR with its all render elements in it.
But When I open the same single EXR saved from Vray BF, it always gives me all the information including cryptomatte.
I have come back to vray after about 2 years. I was working with some other tools in between.
I have attached all the required information.
NOTE: I started using it after couple of years. To render an animation, we used to first precalculate light cache for single frames, then irradiance map with selecting Nth frames like every 5th or 10th frame with light cache(from file which was already calculated from single frames), let me know if it is still the best way to render a flickering free animations.
I shall appreciate a lot if someone Pro could explain me in detail where I am making a mistake and how can I fix it to have great results. I need to get work done for some clients. The deadline is close.
Thanks a lot

Render settings.jpg

render without Vray buffer.jpg

Render with Vray BF.jpg

I don't know about Nuke we use After Effects and Fusion (Davinci Resolve) For animation, The last one I did in V-Ray I used Brute force for first bounce and Light cache for the second, with settings default I think it was 2500 or 3000, and no need to save anything, it was pretty straight forward and it came out just fine. YOu can add a denoise pass also can save you time.

About the multi layer EXR I would recommend to not use the default 3Ds Max save frame, but the one under V-Ray settings (Image below), there is an option to save V-Ray raw image file, but when you click on it it gives you the option to save as EXR, default is 16Bits, you can check box to 32Bits, and that's it. It works every time, I use always this way, no problems of gamma or missing passes.

saveEXR.JPG