Hiatus, looking to get back in the industry

Justin Hunt

Good day people, 

I have been away for a few years. Thanks to the pandemic , I took the opportunity to step away from the industry and do something completely different. It has been the second most challenging thing I have ever done ( the first is raising two amazing children), and I have learnt so much about myself.

After three years I am really missing the industry and am looking to get back in. I have been keeping an eye on what has been going on with great interest and am quite excited about the direction it's going.

I thought it would be good to reacquaint myself and connect with old friends here and catch up on the inside gossip. Also to put some feelers out about future employment prospects. 

Looking forward to making things happen. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2023 at 1:27 AM, Justin Hunt said:

Good day people, 

I have been away for a few years. Thanks to the pandemic , I took the opportunity to step away from the industry and do something completely different. It has been the second most challenging thing I have ever done ( the first is raising two amazing children), and I have learnt so much about myself.

After three years I am really missing the industry and am looking to get back in. I have been keeping an eye on what has been going on with great interest and am quite excited about the direction it's going.

I thought it would be good to reacquaint myself and connect with old friends here and catch up on the inside gossip. Also to put some feelers out about future employment prospects. 

Are there any updates? How has it felt getting back into the industry after your break? 

It's early days yet and the transition is going to be really slow. I am still tied up in my current job and it isn't going to be quick process to get out of. I will have to see this year out before I can make the change. 

One aspect I am concerned about is my age (48) and the mentality of "old dog, new tricks" that is prevalent in the arch viz industry. I have experienced it in the past to some degree.

But that is just an other challenge to overcome. 

On 7/3/2023 at 10:57 AM, Justin Hunt said:

Good day people, 

Hello everyone,

After a pandemic-induced break, I've ventured into new realms, discovering much about myself. With industry excitement and growth, I'm eager to reconnect, catch up, and explore potential employment opportunities. Excited to embrace new beginnings

My current job is totally different to what I was doing for the past 27 years and yet it is very much going through similar challenges the archviz industry has been dealing with for many years. In particular what was going on 10 years ago with outsourcing work and the shift in critical roles over the years. Currently we are going through the same challenges and it has been helpful it offer insight from my past experience. I definitely believe I could do the same by returning to archviz.