from architect to archviz artist?

smartsheep

Welcome to the other side! Although I am not an architect, I have worked in architecture for 30 years, and it isn't much different. Stress to find work, and stress to get the work done. Like architecture, it is almost impossible to keep a schedule, because the clients ignore milestones and deadline. Double book, just to keep things moving, knowing schedules are meaningless. Try to find the right clients and keep them happy. Good luck!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobby Parker said:

Welcome to the other side! Although I am not an architect, I have worked in architecture for 30 years, and it isn't much different. Stress to find work, and stress to get the work done. Like architecture, it is almost impossible to keep a schedule, because the clients ignore milestones and deadline. Double book, just to keep things moving, knowing schedules are meaningless. Try to find the right clients and keep them happy. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your insights! I'm actually interested in the transition because it seems like working as a freelancer in archviz might be more accessible compared to the field of architecture, once I expertise my skills and establish connections in the industry. It's sad to hear that the stress of work are similar, but maybe I would find the image work a better fit for myself since in archviz the project cycle is shorter and the end goal is more clearly defined. I don't know. Anyway I'll have a try for myself. Many thanks again!