WParallax

Terri Brown

Hi community,

I've got a big project and a super short deadline. It's a hotel, with villas and a whole retail/eatery area. I was thinking of using the WParallax maps to save time for the interiors - just wanted to ask if anyone has used them before, and if they're happy with the results? And render times...

I'm using 3ds max & Vray

Thanks,

Terri

Edited by Terri Brown

WParallax maps work pretty decently. Ive so far been placing them manually behind glass. Its just planes with a material that has an OSL shader that is plugged into the self illumination slot. They have foreground elements (curtains), mid ground (furniture) and background/sides that are walls. The aspect ratio of the maps are something to consider, as you do not want to stretch the planes too much, and if you have an room with an open corner the illusion breaks. They work best on mid to long range distances. As they are exr maps they have some variation in illumination levels, and as such they can introduce some higher render times in regards to bright spots, but the shader itself is not complicated (as in take long to render).