Attention all Architectural Visualization professionals. Is anyone using a design visualization application that inherently understands how to deal with "interactive" Revit geometry, such as on/off lighting, moving furniture/objects, and swinging doors/cabinet doors, without the need for extra work in a game engine? Are you able to walk through your space in VR or on your laptop and interact with everything in that space as if you were actually there, straight out of Revit? So, I have two questions for you:

1. Are you using such a tool?
2. If you had a tool like that, would you use it with your clients? I would love to hear your thoughts!

This feels like an untapped area of design viz that the major players (Autodesk, etc.) are missing out on.

16 hours ago, Travis Smith said:

Attention all Architectural Visualization professionals. Is anyone using a design visualization application that inherently understands how to deal with "interactive" Revit geometry, such as on/off lighting, moving furniture/objects, and swinging doors/cabinet doors, without the need for extra work in a game engine? Are you able to walk through your space in VR or on your laptop and interact with everything in that space as if you were actually there, straight out of Revit? So, I have two questions for you:

1. Are you using such a tool?
2. If you had a tool like that, would you use it with your clients? I would love to hear your thoughts!

This feels like an untapped area of design viz that the major players (Autodesk, etc.) are missing out on.

Revit is for data, not for beauty or full interactivity. You need to keep the Revit file clear of all extra bloat/junk so you can make sure that your construction docs are nice and clean. We're already seeing bloated and corrupted Revit files with users trying to do too much in Enscape, let alone interactive walk throughs.

Revit is not meant to be used double duty like this, it's always had a rendering engine glued onto it with cheap knock-off brand stick glue. Then you have the Revit material editor, which takes a lot more time to create materials that almost every other tool we have. 

This really isn't an untapped area because it doesn't align with the core functionality of Revit, which is data and documentation. Enscape already fills 80% of this need anyways. If you need something more than Enscape, you need to get out of Revit as well.