Best methods for high quality JPEG compression

I'm having trouble deciding which method or software to use for compressing my JPEG images. Some suggest using programs like Photoshop or Fireworks, while others mention techniques like saving directly to TIFF or TGA formats. On the other hand, I've heard about technologies used by platforms like Webshots for JPEG compression however I uses online application such as https://jpegcompressor.com/. I use this because it compresses images and instantly delete our images. Can anyone provide guidance on the best approach for achieving high-quality JPEG compression? 

Always render out to something other than JPG of course so you have a high-quality original, but if file size is an issue (or compatibility) then JPG is obviously the universal go-to.

To me, there's definitely no need for anything fancier than Photoshop. It gives you three versions, plus a scale of 1-12 in quality. Essentially, the first option is best overall quality, the second is more aggressive with its compression (and thus potentially noisier). I usually always use Baseline and try and never go below 9 for quality.
The third option only works for web-based applications, at least from my understanding. I'm not even so sure how much most pages will even utilize it today, but it breaks the file into smaller chunks that can be loaded in parts. This was really for back when people had dial-up modems...
image.png.93e4f17c1fc662c58463c9693201a792.png

Choosing how to compress JPEGs? Photoshop's great for hands-on control, but if you prefer simplicity, online tools like jpegcompressor.com are super handy and secure. It's all about what works best for your needs!