Video card advice

I hope I am putting this in the right place. I built a custom system a few years ago for Revit modeling, 3ds Max modeling and rendering using V-Ray. I have been very happy with the system. Now it is looking like I really need to get Vantage so I can do some faster rendering and probably some animations. I will list specs below. My problem is my current video card wont do it. It only has 8gb and I have tried loading scenes into vantage back when I was getting it for free and it said I didnt have enough VRAM. My question I guess is how do you figure how big of a card I might need? After some "quick" looking on neweggs website, they have some RTX 40 series cards with 24GB, but they get really expensive. But if thats what I need to get then I guess thats how it is then. I thought before when I was looking into bigger cards you could get them for ~$800.00ish but these are close to $2,000! Thats a bit more than I was expecting. Anyone here have some knowledge they would care to share with me? Is there something in the file properties that will tell me how much memory a scene might require? Im not looking to buy this second, but want to start looking into it as my job is going to require it sooner rather than later. TIA

Current system:

• Mainboard: X570 Aorus Ultra
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 16 core
  • Memory: 64GB DDR4
  • Video Card: Nvidia Ge-Force RTX 2080-Super 8GB
  • Windows 11
  • 3ds Max 2025
  • V-Ray 6 update 2.1