viz files corrupted

Boizell

ppl, i have a problem that the explorer every now and then gives a message that it must close because of an error. But now, my 3D Viz files are getting corrupted. And the explorer closes even when the cursor gets near the Viz files..

any idea what could be the problem and how can i fix it?

thanx

The already corrupted files cannot be restored. Whatever you do now (after uninstalling Service Pack-3) will be saved correctly. I forgot to mention this last. Your old files will still have that problem. Even if you move your mouse over it it will cause error. There seems to be no way to solve this.

The constant changing of operating systems with service packs after service packs resulting in various other problems and ending up with counter service packs or so called patches by other software vendors is really making life miserable - half the time trying to sort out these kind of problems instead of peacefully doing our work. I think every software company are coming out with programs that are overkill. Anyway this was just a reflection on my thoughts.

PRSS

man, i know that i wont be able to restore my old corrupted files, but what i need now is to make it stop.. i mean the explorer errors.

and btw i forgot to metion it before, the os is Windows XP..

ive been using Viz for about 1 year, with no probs.. the prob started 1 month ago.

the same msg used come up every now and then that explorer must close cuz of an error but now it is affecting the Viz files while working on them!