DreamScape & Final Render

Devin Johnston

I'm trying to use these two programs together and I'm having some problems. First of all I'm using Final Render with distributed rendering and this is the problem. When I render out a DreamScape sky using distributed rendering I keep getting buckets back that are different than the others. If I just use one machine to render the scene everything comes out OK, but obviously I can't use just one machine when rendering an entire scene. Is there anyone using both of these programs together that can give me some guidance?

I'm using the P4 core on all my machines, they are all the same in that respect. I've installed DreamScape on all my slave machines and they have all the same map paths that my workstation does. The mismatch will happen about every other time I render out a scene, and it doesne't happen from the same slave it jumps around.

• 1 month later...

Open up a new scene and import your animated camera in from the scene you are rendering w/ FR. Render the frames of the camera with Dreamscape w/ the scanline renderer. Do an ILF (image file list) as your background with dreamscape enviornment you just rendered. Render your main scene as you would normally in FR. This is the way I worked around it when I used FR. Did you know DS is fully integrated w/ vray now...J.K>:)