Value of ASAI

Tim Nelson

$1590.00 sounds like a heck of a lot of money to find each month! That's like £900, or £8400 per year!! And you can't stop paying it, or what, do they take away your house if you fall ill?

Yes.

Also, large insurers negotiate large discounts with medical groups. But when someone has no insurance, or even has insurance but the medical services were not covered, then that person gets hit with the FULL cost as charged by the 'provider'. The same provider takes pennies on the dollar from the insurers, but not for the patient left to pay it themselves.

Our politicians warn us of the horror of 'health care rationing' were we to go to a system like Canada, the UK, most of Europe, Australia, Japan... as if that isn't what's happening here already. It's their excuse to do nothing about the US's health care crisis.

I am covered by my wife's policy, through her work. That is how MANY renderers get coverage in the US. But others are not married, or are gay and denied any possibility of getting a 'spouse' coverage. By the way, if you DO want to join a group for coverage, get as far away as you can from one that looks like artist's, entertainers, dancers. You will pay more, a lot more. Remember, you work in architecture, right? Look for a group that has architectural and engineering firms.

Ernest,

It is horrible. We have 32 employees in our Canadian office. We have no need for a group insurance because of the Canadian system. I am the only one not covered by the Canadian system so I have to pay. My wife is a school teacher for a private Baptist School with no health insurance.

Every time I see one of our politicians saying that everything is under control.... I get very upset.... I am not politically biased. I have a friend that because some unfortunate reasons he becamed un-employed. He was a U-2 Pilot in the USAF, an attorney and a high level officer for the Department of State. He was forced to retire before he was eligible for a pension. It is amazing how our society has basically dumped this man. I can not talk much about the case. It has been in court for a while. He was a high level guy.... at one time he was an ambassador for the US. Among the friends we make monetary contribution to keep this guy alive. It is not fair. He lives in an efficiency apartment with no source of income.... after he worked for the Federal Government most of his live....!

You are right...!

Elliot