List of the Top Arch Viz Studios and Individuals

Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

I wanted to compile a list of the top visualization companies and individuals in the industry based on what the industry perceives as la creme de la creme (best of the best). Post which visualization firms, or individuals who's work you think represents the best of the best along with a URL if you have one.

I'l start with a few of the usual suspects

Neoscape - www.neoscape.com

Hayes Davidson - www.hayesdavidson.com

Studio AMD - www.studioamd.com

dbox - www.dbox.com

The Neighbourhood - www.the-neighbourhood.com

Smoothe - www.smoothe.com

BHAA - www.bhaa.com.cn

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun idea, but we would probably get busted. :)

I neglected to put a smilie on my original reply. I wasn't serious and now I regret posting a flippant remark to a serious request by Jeff. He wants suggestions of firms highly regarded by their peers and I hope I haven't sidetracked the thread.

If we are are being objective and listing the 'best' I would not include the first 2 of your entires Sawyer, I think side by side with Jeff's entires they don't compete.

perhaps we should just make suggestions for the list and Jeff can be the one decide who makes the cut. IMO Scott and Ernest go towards the top of list if not on top of their own list for those who's work takes a digital approach to traditional media. No they may not be a neoscape or uniform.... but they deserve credit for their amazing work if not even more because they stand out from the norm in presentation style. Their excellence is the reason that both have been speakers or part of a panel for DMVC.

There are many worthy groups and individuals, I would like to second the vote for Uniform and add Squint Opera.

http://www.uniform.net/

http://www.squintopera.com/

We just went through about 40 of our images (to narrow to 10) to send to ASAI, and we took images out that we felt wouldn't appeal to that crowd. Some of the images we took out made it into "Expose", but the audience and jury are very different. The judging criteria can change the whole dynamic.

One unfortunate situation is that many of the best companies and individuals don't have the best(or updated) websites, we have been re-designing a website for a long time now and until we finish, things go un-updated, with small images, and old movies. Not that any of this should cloud anyone's opinion, it is just something to add to the dialog.

-Nils

• Administrators
Top Arch Viz Studios....????

come one guys, without meaning to specifically belittle anyone lets try and keep it real. This has the potential to be a great thread / resource when in need of some inspiration but if we have to crawl through the not so great stuff too it won't be as much fun!

Once I get a good selection of posts I will go through them all and clean it up.

..ooopppps Ernest I didn't realise that was your site. Sorry about that, I do rate your work on there I just prefer the harder colder shinier pure 3d rendered style myself! I Should have been more polite.

Anyway its only my opinion not a personal slur!

Even though BlueSky (china) had that 'issue' with their website I still rate their work.