List of the Top Arch Viz Studios and Individuals

Jeff Mottle

Do they target clients outside of AEC? If so, which markets?

Architectural visualizers already have the bulk of transferable skills and tools that can be applied to 3D work in other areas such as automotive, education, entertainment, gaming, etc.

Perhaps the question is how do you penetrate these markets if you want or need to diversify?

Add to your portfolio and "pound the pavement?"

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the question is how do you penetrate these markets if you want or need to diversify?

There are many different markets that can use 3d. It's best to pick one, familiarize yourself with the industry and the players, and then zero in on it. Some industries to consider are Product Manufacturers, Boating, Private Jet manufactures, etc. I have found some success with Products because they can save money and time by using digital architectural environments instead of building physical sets or doing location shoots.

Here is a tip. There is a huge trade show in Chicago called NeoCon. You will find most furniture and lighting manufacturers there. It doesn't cost much to attend and you will find a lot of leads :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have already posted my favorites on the first or second page, but this is something that I can across yesterday while searching for visualization firms. I have checked out most of their sites and there are some companies on here that do great work. Check it out:

http://www.google.com/Top/Business/Construction_and_Maintenance/Design/Illustration_and_Rendering/

• 3 months later...

not sure if The Neighbourhood has been posted yet, some nice stuff!

www the-neighbourhood com

(I'm not allowed to link to a website yet!)

Edit: What a donut! it was on Jeff's 1st post.....

Edited by peterguthrie
stupidity

Thanks guys, a friend of mine did the website, he's another architect who got a bit distracted away from architecture! You can find the link to his studio at the bottom of any of the pages. www randomsequence com

Aaron, I have your loft space image bookmarked under 'inspiration' ;-)

As someone else mentioned, there aren't many freelancers mentioned in this thread. In addition to pixelab and Alex Roman (forest refuge scene) who have already been mentioned, there's a swiss guy on the chaosgroup forum who always does nice stuff - www indivizuals ch

In addition to other arch viz firms, I often look to architectural photography as a source of inspiration and ideas. There is a similar thread to this one on pushpullbar for famous architectural photographers - look in 'Architectural Photography' its the sticky at the top.

Aaron, I have your loft space image bookmarked under 'inspiration' ;-)

In addition to other arch viz firms, I often look to architectural photography as a source of inspiration and ideas. There is a similar thread to this one on pushpullbar for famous architectural photographers - look in 'Architectural Photography' its the sticky at the top.

Thank you, it's an honor. And thanks for the photography link. I agree, professional photographs are a great source of inspiration. I also keep a couple of high end furniture and lighting catalogs laying around for reference.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...